Southern California Edison Company
ENERGY FOR WHAT’S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
Performs automotive service duties, such as lubricating, changing or adding oil; tightening body and chassis bolts; checking and filling brake systems, hydraulic assemblies, differentials and transmissions for proper lubricant and fluid level; replacing such items as filters, belts, hoses, windshield wipers and similar automotive parts; inspecting brake linings and seals; and repairing and rotating tires as necessary; and adjusting brakes. As assigned, removes vehicle components, alternators, and similar parts from equipment. Assists with the removal, dismantling and assembling of differentials, engines, hydraulic booms, transmissions and similar assemblies as directed and observed by the Foreman. Obtain parts, and tools for the mechanic. Maintains records and reports associated with garage operations as required.
- ASE Master Auto Certification OR ASE Master Heavy Truck Certification is required.
- Valid US Driver's License
- Knowledge of advanced automotive and equipment servicing and repair; general use of personal computer and other related diagnostic equipment
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Experience in troubleshooting vehicle service and repair issues
- Experience operating fueling equipment
- Experience using pressure equipment to wash and clean vehicles
- Ability to perform heavy physical labor
- Ability to operate computer and/or other related equipment
- Ability to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Must demonstrate the ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks appropriately, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Must demonstrate effective decision making, results delivery, team building, and the ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation.
- Must demonstrate strong ethics, interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- The successful candidate will be expected and must be able to obtain a Class A License with an X/Hazmat endorsement within 6 months of hiring.
- This position will be working swing shift, 3PM to midnight.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Contact the job poster
Helen Yang Christian