RN - Onsite Health Coach – Cigna Onsite Health
At Cigna we listen to advocate and collaborate with our customers to empower them to identify their health goals and own their solutions. We proactively deliver customer-centric experiences, focused on doing the right thing for our customers. We value interpersonal skills and having the ability to collaborate with both internal and external partners.
The RN Onsite Health Coach will work closely with Client's Health/Wellness/HR team(s), Client's other healthcare partners, and other Cigna team members to meet the organization's health management goals.
Demonstrate daily support of Consumer Health Engagement Cultural Beliefs
Me to We
Listen to Advocate
Think it Through
• Provide onsite face-to-face employee coaching, support and education.
• Partner with Account Management, Client, and other matrix partners in evaluating present health management program and assist in formulating plan to address gaps in strategy to reduce total medical cost.
• Assist in the identification of customer health education needs through health assessment activities.
• Utilize Preventive Guidelines and general health and wellness strategies to achieve goals in the overall health of the client population.
• Perform research on relevant topics in health promotion and disease prevention, as required for specific customer and clients.
• Educate and refer customers on available health resources and CIGNA Medical Management programs as appropriate.
• Collaborate with customers 1:1 around their behavior changes to improve health status, reduce health risks, and improve quality of life.
• Assess readiness to change and implement actions to assist customers in reaching their goals.
• Collaborate with customers to establish health improvement plans, set personalized evidence-based goals, and support customers in achieving those goals.
• Collaborate and integrate with team members such as dietitian, pharmacist, behavioral clinician, MD, health educators, customer’s provider, as well as other internal and external matrix partners.
• Empower customers with skills to partner with their providers to become an active participant in their own health outcomes.
• Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Record customer interactions in an accurate and timely manner to uphold documentation standards.
• Follow up with customers in a timely manner to ensure that individual health concerns were addressed and maintain thorough knowledge of available internal/external/community resources to appropriately and effectively refer customers as appropriate.
• Provide individual and group health/wellness education utilizing a multitude of Cigna-approved resources.
• May perform various biometric screenings, including finger sticks, blood pressure, body composition, etc.
• Utilize biometric values and motivational interviewing techniques to collaborate with customer to drive to improve clinical outcomes.
• Provide support for health-related site events, which include open enrollment, biometric screenings, wellness committee facilitation, flu shot events, health fairs, etc.
• Performs other Cigna approved health coaching related duties to serve the client or customer need.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Active and unrestricted RN license in respective state, with ability to maintain active licensure is required.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in health and wellness field.
• Experience in formal health education, health promotion, and health coaching is preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Experience in motivational interviewing is a plus.
• A high energy level, with strong and effective presentation skills is required.
• Demonstrate experience and ability to provide superior customer-centric service to organizations and individuals.
• Working knowledge of wellness programming and individual engagement strategies.
• Positive role model in demonstrating healthy behaviors with a passion for health improvement.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of health behavior change theories and their application.
• Autonomous with the ability to succeed in an independent role, by demonstrating ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
• Proven administrative abilities, with strong computer and software application skills.
• Smoking Cessation certification or experience is a plus.
• Diabetes experience is a plus.
Cigna is committed to a healthy work force. New hires must complete a background check and drug screen to be employed in this role.