The Safety/Environmental Coordinator is responsible for the coordination, implementation, and auditing of safety/environmental programs to assure compliance with all company, state and federal regulations. This position works closely with the Director of EHS and plant leadership to set priorities and implement programs to ensure compliance and prevention of incidents. This includes oversight of compliance with applicable laws and regulations as well as company policies. This position will be the primary contact to communicate key issues and performance to plant leadership, to carry out programs s and policies that meet regulatory standards and company policies, and to be a champion for implementation of management’s objectives with regard to EHS.
• Support development and implementation of a safety culture endorsed by plant leadership and Corporate EHS, including strategy and objectives for plant safety and environmental programs.
• Implement and maintain required programs / procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies.
• Serve as site subject matter expert for safety and environmental issues.
• Contribute to efforts to control risk, reduce occurrence of injury and environmental exposure. Program Delivery
• Develop and manage budget for site EHS as well as third party services such as industrial hygiene, audiometric, consulting, or other vendor services needed to ensure compliance and manage risks
• Coordinate required employee training and other communications related to EHS
• Coordinate and participate in plant safety team
• Support work comp and return to work processes as needed
• Participate in review of new equipment, chemicals or processes as needed to ensure proper controls are in place
Monitoring and Compliance
• Track inspections of safe conditions and behavioral audits and related corrective actions
• Complete reporting for corporate safety metrics and applicable recordkeeping regulatory requirements
• Analyze data and trends to target areas for potential improvement regarding both safety and environmental issues
Investigation and Reporting
• Facilitate incident reporting and investigation process
• Complete OSHA recordkeeping
• File environmental and regulatory reports and related recordkeeping 15%
5 Other Duties
• Participate in EHS conference calls and meetings sponsored by Corporate EHS
• Participate in Jostens EHS steering team as directed
• Property risk and loss prevention duties if directed
• Participate with and support sustainability efforts as needed 10%
• Minimum of 1 + years of experience coordinating an EHS program
• Two or Four year degree in related field or equivalent skills based on experience
• Ability to understand and apply safety / environmental local/state/federal laws that apply to the facility
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, prioritize work, and deliver
• Ability to partner with other departments to accomplish desired outcomes
• Ability to manage complex projects based on agreed upon objectives
• Comfort working with computers and Microsoft based systems
• OSHA 10 hour Certification – must be attained within first year on the job
• First Aid Certification – must be attained within first year on the job
Celebrating 120 years of business, Jostens has been a part of local communities, working with K-12 schools, colleges and universities, teams and affiliation groups. Representatives from Jostens touch thousands of schools and groups every day, working to make a difference with products and services that recognize accomplishments and help people tell their stories. These products, along with resources for educators, yearbook curriculum and services to help motivate and inspire like Jostens Renaissance® and Commitment to Graduate (C2G) are all designed to contribute to a positive and rewarding school experience. As a household name and leading brand in our market, we are passionate about being the most trusted partner in celebrating moments that matter. We are a mid-size company with a small company feel, allowing us to move fast and explore innovative ideas.
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.