Serpa Packaging Solutions
Serpa Packaging Solutions is seeking a project leader to join our team! As the Project Manager, you will partner and work with our Mechanical Engineering Manager in planning, monitoring, and directing the execution of each stage in a project’s “life cycle.” This leader will also work closely with customers and company personnel of each department involved to ensure proper communication and execution of project milestones.
This is an opportunity for an experienced project management leader to become a part of a growing, industry-leading company of high-quality packaging automation systems manufactured in California. If you thrive working collaboratively on technical projects, enjoy project management, and possess solid technical and scheduling capability – look no further, this opportunity is for you!
Our Perks (include)
- Competitive salary + health insurance packages (includes medical, dental, vision, and life).
- 401K investment options with company price-matching.
- Comprehensive time-off benefits (paid vacation time, sick time, company holidays, and birthdays).
- Innovative manufacturing project management experience working alongside industry professionals at a 30+ year manufacturer of automation systems integrating advanced technology, including Fanuc robotics since 2008.
- Dynamic project work with a customer portfolio of Fortune 1000 manufacturers in over 14 different industries.
- Exceptionally affordable Housing + overall Cost Of Living (COL) in our area. San Francisco housing costs 450.2% greater. Los Angeles housing costs 186.1% greater.
- Gateway access to nearby National Parks (Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon).
- Team Serpa Events – our company's social events held throughout the year (luncheons, holiday celebrations, team building, sporting events, and more).
- Serpa Gives Back – our company’s yearly and voluntary charity program where members proudly and collectively continue to support over 12 non-profit organizations.
- Serpa News – our company’s exclusive newsletter on everything fun and new at Serpa.
- Primary Responsibility:
- Directly support Mechanical Engineering Manager and assist in scheduling of engineering project work.
- Secondary Responsibilities:
- Support Project Management Department
- Develop detailed project schedule plans, with project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Oversee project schedules, testing materials, onsite visits and design reviews with customers
- Support customer and project team member needs throughout the “life-cycle” of projects
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Manage the relationship with customers and internal project stakeholders
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Report and escalate issues to management appropriately as needed
- Coordinate internal resources for the flawless execution of customer projects
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Develop strong knowledge of company equipment and customers
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers and internal personnel
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Respond to project-related questions and feedback from customers and company personnel
Proud To Be An Equal Opportunity Employer!
- 2 years of experience in project engineering/management. Experience in the Industrial Technology/Mechanical Engineering/Manufacturing sector desired, but not required.
- Solid Mechanical aptitude ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage relations with customers and company personnel
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Solid organizational skills in attention to detail, scheduling, and in multi-tasking
- Experience and skilled proficiency with Microsoft Project and Excel desired
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Your Right to Work
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Serpa Packaging Solutions is a world-class U.S. manufacturer of custom, high-quality secondary packaging systems for Fortune 1000 manufacturers of over 14 industries (inclulding pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, personal care, cosmetic, medical device, and food). Our company is located in the hospital Central California city of Visalia in Tulare County, commonly known as the gateway to our nearby National Parks (Yosemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon). Our line of products include cartoners, case packers, tray packers, robotic palletizers, integration and validation services, and 5-Star service support. Our commitment to service, quality, and innovation has allowed us to serve customers throughout the United States and across the world. And as a privately-owned, family-cultured organization, we are not only very passionate about our products and our service to customers, but also our community and our employees, who truly are the leaders to our company’s success! Serpa Gives Back - our's organization's employee charity program - has proudly and collectively supported over 12 non-profit organizations, and to this day, we continue to remain committed to supporting our community each and every year.
With over 30 years of experience in the packaging industry, Serpa Packaging Solutions is the only U.S. manufacturer able to provide solutions superior to those from European manufacturers. We also continue to remain proactive in the packaging industry by offering customers the most advanced technology and features available, which includes integrated FANUC robotics applications since 2008 and rapid changeover technology since our inception. We are an innovative and growing company that continuously invests in research for the development of new products and services for customers. Our line of patented products includes our P320 High Speed Casepacker, P200 Casepacker, P100 Cartoner, Robotic Palletizer & Depalletizer, High Speed Automated Insert Feeding System, and our ModPack Semi-Auto Case Packer with Serialization revealed at Pack Expo 2017. We welcome you to take a look at our products and technology for yourself by visiting our Serpa YouTube channel (
THE SERPA LEGACY
Fernando Serpa, owner and founder of Serpa Packaging Solutions, initially began his career in the packaging equipment industry working in Service. Through his hard work and ambition, Fernando founded Serpa Packaging Solutions in 1985. The company has steadily grown over the years, having been recognized by Inc.'s 5000 Fastest Growing Companies four years in a row and establishing itself as the industry-leading manufacturer of high-quality secondary packaging automation systems. Fernando’s inspiring story of founding and developing the company is a true testament that anything can be accomplished through hard work, faith, and dedication.
To this day, Fernando remains very passionate about the company and its success. He continues to emphasize a strong company focus on service to both customers and employees. It is through this philosophy that has allowed Serpa Packaging Solutions to achieve record sales growths, develop a dynamic customer portfolio of Fortune 1000 manufacturers in over 14 different industries, and place close to 2000 packaging machines across the world.