Exhibit Education Coordinator
Varies between 10-15 hours per week
• Contribute to the overall positive image and success of the museum
• Responsible for researching and developing educational content to be displayed in exhibits
• Responsible for providing exhibit ideas and designs, including researching and providing pricing
• Responsible for providing museum interior decorating design concepts
• Responsible for providing staff training on the exhibit’s educational fundamentals
• Provide necessary additional staff assistance as may be directed by the Executive Director
• Detail oriented
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Enthusiastic, energizing, outgoing, positive attitude, and works cooperatively with others
• Possession of personal characteristics including integrity, initiative, emotional maturity, dependability,
• Imaginative and flexible, while still being routine oriented
• Physically and mentally able to perform essential duties of the position
Education and Experience:
• PC literacy: experience with Word and Excel
• Educational background a plus
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must pass Department of Justice/FBI Live scan background check
• Must maintain a Driver’s License and car insurance
To create a state-of-the-art regional learning center for the Central Valley which provides quality interactive exhibits for children and their families and a unique opportunity to experience activities that will educate, enrich, and expand the boundaries of their lives.
Our mission is to inspire children through interactive educational experiences by providing multicultural, hands-on learning through the sciences, environmental conservation, and the arts. By empowering children and their families in a fun environment, we can transform lives and enhance our community.
ImagineU believes that every child and family should have access to a safe environment of play and discovery, expanding the boundaries of their lives.
• Must be willing to work on weekends and additional hours for staff development or other scheduled activities
• Mainly in an indoor office environment
• Occasional outdoor activity
• Able to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, perform grasping and handling motions and torso rotations on a continuous basis
• Able to lift and carry 25 pounds of materials
• Able to reach in all directions
• Adequate sight or corrected vision for the purpose of reading directions and printed or written materials
• Able to hear and speak to communicate with coworkers, students and the public
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate equipment
Performance Objectives: Performance will be measured by successful completion of these duties as evaluated by the Executive Director.
Changes: This job description will be updated if duties and responsibilities change significantly. Job functions are subject to modification based on business necessity.
ADA/FEHA: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, ImagineU will make reasonable accommodations as necessary.
EEO: The ImagineU is an equal employment opportunity employer.
I acknowledge receipt of this job description. I have been allowed to ask – and have received answers – to any questions I had regarding the job description. I fully understand this job description. I understand that my employer may revise this job description, at its sole discretion, at any time. I further acknowledge that my employer may assign additional job duties as needed.
I certify that I am fully qualified to perform the position described and can, with or without reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position.
If applicable, please list any accommodations that would be necessary to enable you to perform the essential functions of the position:
I understand that employment with the ImagineU is “at-will”. There is no commitment, actual or implied, to the continuation of the employment relationship for any specific period of time. I further understand that the employment relationship may be terminated at any time, by either party, with or without notice.