JOB DESCRIPTION - HUMAN TRAFFICKING VICTIM ADVOCATE
Visalia, CA-- Family Services seeks a Human Trafficking Victim Advocate to provide supportive counseling, information and referrals, and advocacy services to victims of human trafficking, as well as community education, outreach. and professional training in regards to human trafficking. Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- AA Degree; BA helpful, with emphasis in social services, psychology or related field.
- Must possess, or be able to complete state approved 40-hour training leading to certification as a sexual assault victim counselor.
Experience and Skills:
- Six months experience with a human/social services agency.
- Crisis counseling skills preferred.
- Knowledge of wide ranging community resources.
- Demonstrate effective public speaking/communication skills.
- A valid California Driver License, availability of automobile for business use, and at least minimal auto liability insurance coverage as required by law.
- Must be bilingual, English/Spanish.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide intensive, trauma-informed case management services essential to helping trafficking victims achieve independence and self-sufficiency.
2. Provide culturally sensitive crisis intervention and personal, confidential peer counseling to human trafficking survivors at Family Services and other locations as needed.
3. Assess clients’ needs for additional services and make appropriate referrals. May conduct follow-up needs assessment.
4. Provide human trafficking outreach/community education and assist with distribution of human trafficking awareness materials.
5. Provide training to professionals in regards to identifying and assisting victims of human trafficking.
6. Complete information required for client files or service provision records.
7. Attend staff meetings; trainings; community, regional or statewide coalitions, committees and task forces as assigned. Develop linkages and coordination with related service providers. Carry out public relations and community involvement activities on behalf of the agency.
8. Demonstrate strong organizational skills to manage a case load of up to 25 clients.
9. Maintain regular communication with the Program Manager with reference to program needs and problems.
10. Assist in the organization and implementation of special events.
11. Must possess ability to understand and appreciate diversity, and to be sensitive to different experiences and lifestyles.
12. Perform all tasks in a safe manner to avoid injury to self and others.
13. Other duties as assigned.
FSLA Status: Full-time/non-exempt, 40-hour/week with benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 403(B)
Compensation: Hourly rate = $13.94
Family Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer