JOB DESCRIPTION - RAPE PREVENTION EDUCATION PROJECT COORDINATOR
Family Services is recruiting for a Rape Prevention Education (RPE) Project Coordinator in Family Services’ Rape Crisis program. The main function of the RPE Project Coordinator is to provide leadership and coordination of sexual violence primary prevention activities, including facilitating youth prevention clubs.
Education: B.A. in Human Services or related field, and/or related experience.
Experience: Six months experience with a human/social services agency. Must demonstrate effective public speaking/communication skills.
Transportation: Valid California driver license, availability of automobile for business use, and at least minimal auto liability insurance coverage as required by law.
Additional Requirement: Must receive clearance from Department of Justice Criminal Record Offender Information database. Spanish speaker helpful.
- Must be able to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis-driven or potentially difficult situations involving clientele living with mental health conditions, engaged in drug/alcohol use, victims of crime, etc.
- The administrative functions of the position are performed primarily in a shared office setting under minimal temperature variations, in a generally hazard free environment and in a clean atmosphere.
- May be exposed to all outside weather conditions and be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- This position typically spends time sitting, standing, climbing stairs, walking, driving, carrying and lifting (up to 25lbs).
- Frequent operation of computer keyboard, firm/strong grasping, and repetitive hand control. Able to complete all forms in personal writing.
- Make and receive telephone calls. Use of general office equipment, copier, scanner, and fax machine. Subjected to outside environmental conditions.
- Close vision, peripheral vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Psychological tolerance for confrontation and/or disruptive behaviors of clients.
The conditions described above must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Nature & Scope
- Provide program coordination of our sexual violence primary prevention activities, including facilitating MyStrength and/or MyVoice clubs at Woodlake and Lindsay High Schools.
- Build and maintain strong partner relationships with school administration/staff, community partner agencies and other community members.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of Family Services’ primary prevention education program.
- Attend all required conferences and trainings related to the program.
- Research, create and update educational materials and activities.
- Complete 40-hour Rape Crisis Counselor Training (provided as in-house and on-the-job training).
- May answer crisis line during office hours.
- Provide trauma-informed crisis intervention services during education presentations, group facilitation, and at the Rape Crisis Center when needed.
- Must possess ability to understand and appreciate diversity, and to be sensitive to different experiences and lifestyles.
- Maintain regular communication with the Program Manager with reference to program needs and problems.
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner to avoid injury to self and others.
- Other duties as assigned.
FSLA Status: Full-time/non-exempt, 40-hour/week with benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 403(B)
Compensation: Hourly rate is $15.34 BOE
Family Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.