General Purpose of Job:
Outside Sales Representatives are responsible for managing their territory and the customers and prospects in it by partnering with contractors to sell paint products, sundries and equipment. Outside Sales Representatives work closely with their customers not only to be a valued supplier, but also as a business partner, aiding the customer in growing and developing that customer’s business. The resulting relationship is quite unique.
Outside Sales Representatives support and are supported by our local stores and operations, servicing the full spectrum of painting contractors, general contractors, maintenance painters and organizations, and the retail market.
Dunn-Edwards is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Outside Sales Representative will establish and maintain good working relationships with the Dunn-Edwards clients in his/her territory and will demonstrate to our customers that we want to be their business partner and provide them with the highest level of professional service available
- Through the development and implementation of an annual territory business plan, each Outside Sales Representative will create strategies to increase sales and grow margin
- Territory and market share growth are driven by aggressive hunting techniques that bring in new customers and new business on a consistent and ongoing basis
- Each Representative is responsible for aggressively working every account in his/her book of business
- As members of the Dunn-Edwards sales team, the ultimate objective is to be the #1 choice for our customers for paint products, sundries, and equipment
- The goal is to maximize market share and meet the needs of our customers
- The Outside Sales Representative will cooperate with all departments within the company
- Will coordinate with sales support, customer service, sales management, and store team members to complement your sales and service efforts
- Confident, assertive, and motivated to succeed
- Flexible and excited by a fast paced, diverse work environment
- Known for your responsiveness and excellent customer service
- Able to function well autonomously and as a team member
- Proud of your hands-on, high work ethic approach
- A skilled problem solver, short-term & long-term
- A proven cold call producer
- Highly effective at managing your time
- PC proficient in a Windows environment
There are no subordinate supervisors reporting to this position. There are no non-supervisory employees reporting directly to this position.
Communication and Language Requirements:
- For safety reasons, ability to read, write, and communicate in English is required
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional publications
- Must have ability to produce reports, effectively present information and respond to questions from individual groups
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), strongly preferred
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- The ideal candidate will have 3 or more years of experience dealing directly with customers in a sales and service environment