Group Lead Shift 2
JOANN Stores West Coast Distribution Center
Want to be a part of something awesome? Be part of a team working in one of the most innovative, exciting retail spaces in the country. JOANN has become more than a place where people buy fabric and crafts; it’s a place where people come together to celebrate making things with their hands, hearts, and minds. Every day, we strive to inspire creativity in ourselves and our customers. Join us in having courage, cleverness and passion as we help people find their happy place.
The Group Lead Shift 2 role encompasses a wide-ranging scope of leadership positions in the various Distribution Centers. Generally, the Group Lead will report directly to and assist a Supervisor. The Group Lead is responsible for leading team members, while focusing on their safety productivity, quality and accuracy. This role will assist in managing a department or process in the Distribution Center, overseeing various job functions, ensuring correct procedures are being followed, problem solving, communicating with team members, keeping Supervision informed of any issues that may affect the efficiency and productivity of the department or building.
- Conduct a Shift Start-up Meeting daily and determine staffing needs based on volume or work load assessment of the department.
- Interact with other departments and shifts to coordinate work flow and communicate to identify and resolve problems. May include communicating to and working with Corporate merchandising and finance inventory departments.
- Provide training and coaching to team members and temporary employees, as needed to allow them to be successful in meeting established work standards, while promoting safety, quality, and accuracy.
- Audit processes regularly to ensure distribution center goals for quality and accuracy are being met.
- Run, review and interpret reports, and perform system updates as needed in EXE or in Access databases.
- Minimum: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum: 2+ years of Warehouse or Distribution Center experience and /or training.
- Preferred: 2 - 4 years in a highly productive environment successfully leading small teams.
Our company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Jo-Ann Stores, LLC. is an at-will employer, which means that your employment may be terminated by the Company or yourself with or without notice or cause unless the at-will arrangement is modified by a written agreement signed by both you and the Chief Executive Officer of the Company.
- Microsoft Office applications; specifically Word, Excel, and Access Database. SAP and EXE/Infor experience will be useful. Any experience with Warehouse Management Systems may be applicable.