Manager - Transportation
JOANN Stores West Coast Distribution Center
The Manager, Transportation role is to provide high performance management and direction to the Distribution Center transportation team and to develop the vision and goals of the team. To optimize utilization of resources and deliver timely, accurate and efficient transportation service within budget. Assist with the design of the transportation network, manage network implementation and maintenance and insure flawless execution.
- Coach, develop and direct team members and 3rd Party Logistics employees.
- Manage the centralized Customer Service Function for Hudson, Opelika and Visalia Distribution Centers.
- Negotiate carrier contracts and manage relationships.
- Design, maintain and manage the outbound transportation network. Work with the Inbound Transportation Manager to insure synergy between inbound and outbound networks.
- Initiate and execute transportation cost and service enhancements. Identify and implement continual process improvements for the Distribution Center.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation or Logistics.
- Minimum: 5-7 years extensive practical transportation experience (e.g., carrier selection and rate negotiation, dedicated fleet management, inbound and outbound transportation management across all modes, transportation budget management).
- Preferred: 8-10 years extensive practical transportation experience (e.g., carrier selection and rate negotiation, dedicated fleet management, inbound and outbound transportation management across all modes, transportation budget management).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with heavy emphasis on Access. Working knowledge of transportation management software. Well versed in process improvement and TQM methodologies. Strong project management skills with formal training in PM methodologies.