Once the newspaper has been sent to the printer, the webmaster will begin the process of uploading articles to the website to publish the following morning. This process includes:
- Copying and pasting stories from InDesign pagination files into posts on fsgnews.com
- Inserting the appropriate advertisements and photos into the posts.
- Tagging the posts for social media platforms.
- Creating/activating all hyperlinks within the articles.
- Adding the posts to all appropriate categories within the website.
- Scheduling posts to publish on a staggered schedule to ensure optimum upload time.
In addition to the website, the webmaster will prepare, design and distribute all E-blasts for the current week for the newspaper as well as any magazines, special sections or unique products. This will be done on Wednesday mornings to coincide with the publication of the newspaper and website.
Tuesdays, 2 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Wednesdays, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Freelance/contract writers attend meetings, interview sources, conduct research, and write assigned stories including, but not limited to:
- City Council reports
- Human interest features / News profiles
- Lifestyle/Arts/Entertainment stories and features
- Magazine articles
The current position will write a minimum of three stories per week in any of the aforementioned styles or types of articles. In addition, the writer may be assigned additional stories for the week. The writer may pitch story ideas but will only be paid for assignments formally assigned by the Editor.